PTO Meeting September 9th, 2022 @ 9AM in HMS Room 708
Jocelyn DiRienzo Kristi Cobb Susan Harris
Megan Nichols Julie Pfund Jackie Hamilton Dana Rector
Diane Hubert Cindy Kelley Amber Hollie Julie Holt
Katherine Ehrhardt Amy Martin Christina Trahan Danielle Haines
VP Randy Stolle Dr. Finch
Call to order by Jocelyn DiRienzo at 8:59AM
A motion was made by Diane Hubert to approve last month’s meeting minutes, and seconded by Dana Rector. All were in favor.
President’s Report - Jocelyn and Julie Pfund are looking into creating copy room options to update the space and help the teachers. The dye rack isn’t as functional in the provided space. A new rack and storage will cost approximately $200. There is a motion to approve the dye cut storage by Amy Martin and seconded by Kristi Cobb. All are in favor and the motion carried. Jocelyn is thinking the PTO money this year can be used to continue providing Smart TV’s ($200-$800 each) and/or marker boards for the teachers’ classrooms.
Treasurer's Report - Kristi Cobb provided a print out of this month's financial information. She also discussed the numbers. Julie Pfund made a motion to approve the budget, and Joceyln DiRienzo seconded. All are in favor and the motion carries.
Principal/Administrative Report - Mr. Stolle thanked the PTO for their help in the gym floor project. It has also been brought to attention that there are daily choking hazards in the cafeteria and no quick and safe way to relieve a choking student easily. Officer Cook is requesting a Life Vac, which is a device that would be stored in the cafeteria to save someone’s life if they are choking. The device costs around $75. Diane Hubert motioned to approve a Life Vac and Dana Rector seconded. All are in favor and the motion carries. There will be a buzz bash in the fall, but details have not been discussed at this time. On a daily basis, there are late buses and students that are stuck at school. It has gotten slightly worse with new early release days. There is an idea to sell concessions for students after school. This can help raise PTO funds, and allow the students a snack while they wait.
Committee Reports -
- VP of Events - Glow Dance will be in the gym Sept 9th from 6-8. It is open to all HMS students only. We will be setting up in the gym after school. There will be food available in the hallway to include snacks and bottled water. There is no full meal. The tickets will cost $10. There have been 330 tickets sold as of today’s meeting. We will need to contact the safety officer about having them at the school that night. Tier 3 Volunteers are welcomed to help with setup and cleanup.
- Membership - Promotion of HMS invest has been very successful. We have a total of 340 families that have participated, and there are 32 faculty/staff members that have signed up to Invest. The Sonic beverages were enjoyed by those that were able to Invest by August 31st and get their order placed. Unfortunately, there was a little trouble getting the link to work for ordering the beverages.
- Hospitality -
- Corporate Sponsors - Amy Martin has completed her sponsor recruitment. This year, we have 9 Gold Sponsors, 9 Silver Sponsors, and 8 Bronze Sponsors. The Gold Sponsors will be promoted on the HMS PTO Facebook page. They will also be on the school sign board visible on Hwy 31.
- Communications/Website - Julie Pfund has been posting on the Facebook page. She also has the graphic design ready to promote the football game at Independence High School. This will be posted after the Glow Dance.
- Front Office/Badges- Jocelyn is available to make badges before and after PTO meetings.
- Spiritwear/School Supplies - N/A
- Beautification - Danielle Haines and Catherine are working on a “Teacher Lounge Makeover” fully funded by the PTO. It is estimated to cost around $2,000. The goal is to make the room feel more peaceful and relaxing. They have already given the bulletin board a makeover, and it looks more streamline now. Danielle presented a printout that has the types of items they would like to update in the breakroom and the costs. It is questionable if PTO or the school district is able to paint.
- HMS Athletics - N/A
- Concessions - They did some outdoor concession sales at the football game, and it went well. The worst line in the past was for shaved ice treats.
New Business -
- Dr. Finch discussed the old school lawn mower. It has been fixed multiple times. It recently broke down again, and had to be towed. The PTO may want to consider gifting a new mower in this year’s budget.
Announcements/Upcoming Dates -
- Fall Break is October 10-14
- PTO meeting, October 21st @ 9AM in Room 708
- October 28th is Teacher Appreciation with candy
- PTO meeting, November 11th @ 9AM in Room 708
Meeting adjourned by Kristi Cobb at 10:20AM
We are so thankful to our GOLD sponsors for their generosity!
To see all of our fabulous sponsors, click here: