PTO Meeting October 21st, 2022 @ 9AM in HMS Room 704
Jocelyn DiRienzo Kristi Cobb Susan Harris Amy Martin
Tyler Wheeler Julie Pfund Jackie Hamilton Sara Tolstedt
Diane Hubert Katherine Ehrhardt Dr. Finch
Call to order by Jocelyn DiRienzo at 9:03 AM
A motion was made by Julie Pfund to approve last month’s meeting minutes, and seconded by Diane Hubert. All were in favor.
President’s Report - Jocelyn appreciated how well the Glow Dance went. This year has been busier than last year. It is unknown why the buzz bash couldn’t be done, but we hope to do one at the end of the next quarter.
Treasurer's Report - Kristi Cobb provided a print out of this month's financial information. Diane Hubert made a motion to approve the budget, and Tyler Wheeler seconded. All are in favor and the motion carries. Kristi also reviewed the numbers during the meeting to provide money for teachers’ needs and requests.
Principal/Administrative Report - Dr. Finch is proud of HMS being a reward school 3 years in a row. There are only 2 other schools in our county that have accomplished this honor, but they are not in the southern portion of Williamson County like HMS. Dr. Finch has nominated Kristi Cobb for an award due to her math and financial knowledge. Dr. Finch ordered “Reward School” t-shirts for the teachers and staff.
Committee Reports -
- VP of Events - The dance was a huge success. No plans have been made for the spring dance as of now.
- Membership - N/A
- Hospitality - Our next teacher appreciation day is October 28th. It will be a trail mix bar. There will be a lunch with soup and salad planned for November teacher appreciation. The teachers love their birthday treats. October is also principal appreciation month. We are going to take a picture of Dr. Finch, Mr. Stolle, and Mr. Hollandsworth and make a post on facebook. Just Love Coffee is under new ownership, and we are reaching out to them to see if they would be willing to donate treats for the teachers.
- Corporate Sponsors - Amy Martin has had one real estate firm reach out to her wanting to be a corporate sponsor. They are wanting a personal banner to be displayed and they ask that their logo be printed on some sports team jerseys. Ultimately, this request cannot be met as school uniforms cannot have logos on them. It may be possible to do this with practice jerseys or equipment. Also, we discussed offering a platinum sponsorship level for next year.
- Communications/Website - Julie continues to work on the Facebook posts. She is asking for any of us to share information with her on school performance events, such as orchestra, band, choir, etc., so she can post on Facebook to inform those who may want to attend.
- Front Office/Badges- The next badge making day is November 17th.
- Spiritwear/School Supplies - School supply list will be requested in January, and it has to be submitted to the board in February.
- Beautification - The teacher lounge makeover will be completed by November 7th.The work weekend starts Nov. 4th. The student council wants to help, and they will be staying after school to assemble furniture. The room has already been painted by the county. It is a brighter, solid color. The accent strips will be done. Furniture will be assembled and placed. There will be a Monday morning reveal for the teachers around 7am November 7th. Just Love Coffee will be providing treats (coffee, muffins, scones) for the staff that morning.
- HMS Athletics - N/A
- Concessions - N/A
New Business -
- The 8th Grade shirts will be organized by Randy Stolle. There are a few vendors that he has to choose from.
- The school lawnmower is currently working. Julie Pfund has asked about a used mower while at Dickens Turf and Landscape Supply. They have one that will be ready after winter for approximately $5000.
- Coach Umsteader is requesting new equipment for PE classes. The total will be $808 for all of the equipment requested. Julie Pfund made a motion to approve funding PE equipment. Katherine Ehrhardt seconded the motion. All are in favor. The motions carries.
- Dr Finch talked to the teachers about the white boards. There were 4 teachers wanting new boards. One board was taken from a teacher that didn’t want it and it was given to one teacher wanting it. Another teacher doesn’t have enough space for a new board. Another teacher wanted just a plain white board, and the robotics teacher is wanting 2 large white boards. Each new board costs $1307. Diane Hubert motioned to approve the boards. Julie Pfund seconded the motion. All are in favor. The motion carries.
Announcements/Upcoming Dates -
- October 28th is Teacher Appreciation with candy
- November 7th is the teacher lounge reveal.
- PTO meeting, November 11th @ 9AM in Room 708
Meeting adjourned by Jocelyn DiRienzo at 9:50 A.M.
After the meeting, Kristi Cobb suggested that the PTO cover the cost of the shirts, so Dr. Finch can use that money for other school related costs. Joceyln DiRienzo, made a motion on the PTO Facebook page to reimburse Dr. Finch $600 for the cost of the Reward T-shirts. Cindy Kelley seconded the motion. All were in favor, and the motion carried.
- Monday, March 27
- Monday, April 3
- Friday, April 7
- Monday, April 10
- Thursday, May 25
We are so thankful to our GOLD sponsors for their generosity!
To see all of our fabulous sponsors, click here: