PTO Meeting March 11, 2019 4:30 PM Heritage Middle School library
Tiffany Dondanville Tammy Kaminski
Dana Finch, Principal Tiffani Marshall
Chasity Hill Susan Perry
Megan Nichols Cristy Densman
Stephanie Manus Kristi Cobb
Sophia Moore Cindy Fletcher
Jennifer Wooten Tammy Womack
Susie Power Candice Colson
Call to Order by Tammy Kaminski, president (4:35 PM)
Approval of February Meeting Minutes
- Motion to approve –Sophia Moore Second – Megan Nichols
President’s Report – See New Business
Treasurer’s Report – NEW: $750 Invest in HMS and $350 Spirit Wear during Rising Nights.
EXPENSES: Athletic Benches/software – Tool Kit
- $20,561 Invested Back into School
Approve – Susie Power Second – Tammy Womack
Principal’s Report -
- Rising Nights Successful.
- School has now ordered 2 COW’s and PTO has ordered 2 COW’s for HMS. Almost to 1 to 1 ratio.
Committee Reports -
- VP EVENTS:
- 8th Grade Formal: Posters Up! Tickets on sale April 1st online and April 8th on site. THEME: Under the Stars
- COPY ROOM: Got needed volunteers
- March Madness Lunch March 28th
- April 29-May 3rd Teacher Appreciation Week
- SPIRIT NIGHT:
- April 5th Brentwood Skate Night – 7PM – Mention you are there with HMS
- Lack of participation this year- will scale back next year – just do Grecian Pizzeria
- Edge and Mulched Front – last week.
- Students w/Sparkle Smith helping to clean up during month
- Pricing Dirt to Fill in around school then top with mulch – hope to keep landscape stones from sliding
ATHLETICS : Athletic Concessions finished for School Year
Talk to Dr Finch about possible Lights for Back of Building
- Athletic Benches – arrived and need to be assembled. Asked Tammy Womack to find football/soccer students/coaches to help assemble.
- Spirit Wear: 25 current sales – need 75 to make money. On track with Fall Sales.
- 6th Grade Teachers request : Owl Pellets. $355 plus shipping
- Motion to spend up to $425: Tammy Womack Second : Susan Perry
- Board and Committee Members for 2019 – 2020
- See Attachment for Proposed Board for 2019
- Need Secretary, Dodgeball Chair, Co Corporate Sponsor Chair
- Voting on Positions at April 15th Meeting
- March 14th – Hoop and Holler 6PM
- Rising 6th Graders Get in FREE
- April 5th – Spirit Night Brentwood Skate Center
- April 8th/9th – Math Cram Jam (concessions 3-4PM)
- April 12th – 8th Grade Formal Set up (3pm – done)
- April 13th – 8th Grade Formal 6-8:30 plus clean up
- PTO Meeting April 15th 4:30 PM – voting for 2019-2020 PTO Positions
Adjourned by Tammy Kaminski. (5:11PM)
We are so thankful to our GOLD sponsors for their generosity!
To see all of our fabulous sponsors, click here.