PTO Meeting Jan 14, 2019 4:30 PM Heritage Middle School Library
Tiffany Dondanville Tammy Kaminski
Sophia Moore Randy Stolle, Assistant Principal
Dr Ralston, Assistant Principal Tiffani Marshall
Carrie Buchanan Christian Trahan
Angie Basham Susan Perry
Call to Order by Tammy Kaminski, president (4:33 PM)
Approval of November Meeting Minutes
- Motion to approve – Carrie Buchanan– Second – Christina Trahan
President’s Report – See New Business
Treasurer’s Report – NEW: Check from Kroger Rewards
EXPENSES: New magnets – Chromebook COW – Library Books
Approve – Tammy Kaminski Second – Angie Basham
Principal’s Report -
- Fine Arts Night – April 26th 6:30PM. Can PTO do a Coffee Bar? Yes!
- Fiesta De Hornets – May 7th??? – Will start during school day this year, then continue after school. Looking for volunteers (Tier 3). Can we email our membership once date is set?
- Two bikes used new Bike Rack today.
- VP EVENTS: Dodgeball Tournament – posters are up/signs out.
- Need donations: Breakfast foods/water/fruit. (Asked Carrie Buchanan to look into donations)
- Prizes: Gift Cards? Candy? Trophies?
- Winning Team can get a Pinata – runners up get simple trophy
- Need Referees. Need announcer – got Patrick S. Need help with concessions.
- Can we email last years’ teams from PTO email list?
- Can we sell bracelets to buy a “life band” to get back in a game? Use HMS bands that we have.
- Email teams a few days before to give rules and inform of “life bands”
- Arrive 8AM Saturday morning. No later than 8:30AM
- HOSPITALITY: Teacher Luncheon Jan 23rd – Homestyle Comfort Foods
- Bring in Snacks/Drinks for teachers during TCAP testing
- Valentines Candy Station on Valentines Day
- March 27th – March Madness Luncheon
- Andy’s Ice Cream for Teachers appreciation and TCAP
- SPIRIT NIGHT: Brentwood Skate Night April 5th
- BEAUTIFICATION: Take Down Holiday next week.
- Metal Benches For Football Field – Did we get a price? Getting with Tammy Womack
- Air Filter Fundraiser – starts Feb 1st- Can cancel at anytime as a school or as an individual
- Spring Spirit Wear Store –
- Start after Spring Break and run for 2 weeks, then it would arrive early May.
- Do we start early and sell at Rising Nights?
- Possibly push sale dates back to get delivery in April
- Rising Nights – Monday March 4th rising 7th and 8th grade/ Tuesday March 5th for rising 6th grade
- Hoop and Holler – March 14th – Sell Spirit Wear
- Cram Jam (Math) – Concessions April 8/9/10 (2 of the 3 days) in afternoon right after school.
- Open Comments: (Sophia Moore) Did we give money for Computer Carts? Yes – Donation of $7600 made before the Holidays.
- Jan 23rd Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Jan 26th Dodgeball Tournament
- Next meeting –Feb 11th 4:30PM
Adjourned by Tammy Kaminski. (5:10 PM)
We are so thankful to our GOLD sponsors for their generosity!
To see all of our fabulous sponsors, click here.